CHILDREN'S MINISTRY AT CEFC (ages newborn-5th grade)
Children are a gift from God. It is our desire to help show them the way to know God’s love. Our Children’s Ministries provide spiritual growth for our children. One of the goals at CEFC is to help equip and encourage parents as they do the most important job they will ever have…raising their children! It’s a privilege to partner with you in your child’s Christian education, and our desire is to support you in your role as spiritual leader to your child. God has a special plan for each child's life, and we want every child to understand and experience this from an early age. The goal of CEFC Children's Ministry is to see a child's life change and to also teach children to make good decisions that will continue to change their lives. Our mission is to teach children to know, love, and follow God:
Know — kids learn relevant biblical truths in fun, creative ways and in terms they can understand.
Love — kids experience God's love in a safe, nurturing environment. They are inspired and challenged by adult team leaders who are positive role models and develop significant relationships with them. The children see our love for God in our words and actions.
Follow — kids will become disciples of Jesus through a variety of child targeted programs that teach them how to apply the truths of God's word into their daily lives. Kids will learn to obey Jesus' command to be "salt" and "light" to others through their words, actions and choices.
Every Sunday Morning at CEFC for your kids…
Which class would my baby or young child attend during the Worship Service?
For newborns through 3 years, take your child to the Nursery in Room 1.
• Parents, for your child’s security, you will sign your child into their classroom before the worship service begins, and pick them up immediately after the service. Your child will not be released to anyone but the person who signed them in.
• Babies and toddlers are lovingly cared for by our experienced and patient Nursery Staff. You will be comforted to know that we maintain a safe, well-baby Nursery with a healthy and clean environment.
• If you prefer, you may keep your baby with you during the Worship Service. If your baby becomes uncomfortable at any time you may take your child to the Nursery at any time. You are always welcome to stay with your baby.
For children pre-K & Kindergarten, your child goes to CHILDREN’S CHURCH in Room 1
• Children’s Church is a fun and loving environment. Children’s Church begins and ends with the Worship Service.
• You may pick up your child from Room 1 after the Worship Service. For your child’s security, we have all parents sign their children into their classroom before the worship service begins, and pick them up immediately after the service. Your child will not be released to anyone but the person who signed them in.
For kids age 4 - 5th grade we have KIDS' WORSHIP in Room 10.
Children 4 years to 5th grade begin worship with their families in the sanctuary. During the service kids are excused to Kids’ Worship in Room 10. At Kids’ Worship they experience age-appropriate worship and
What about Sunday School?
We have SUNDAY SCHOOL classes for all ages (including parents!) from 11 am to 12 noon. Sunday School is a time for our kids to focus on the most important thing in life - a growing relationship with Jesus. Your children’s teachers are committed to Jesus and to teaching your children about Him through God’s Word and through their love and prayers for your child.
Sunday School meets from 11-12 noon. Today all classes, grades Kindergarten-12, will meet in Room 7 for the movie Superbook: Roar! This is the story of Daniel and the lions and the choices we make. After the movie we’ll talk about what we learned, with grades K-4 moving to Room 3, grades 5-7 remaining in Room 7, and grades 8-12 moving to Room 8.